Friday, October 5, 2012

Ezard - 12 November 12

Zoe, Liz, Gaby

Again, I've left it too long to remember what we ate at Ezard. It's been almost a year.

From the beginning they were very helpful in accommodating Zoe's pregnancy and the associated dietary restrictions.

I think we took the 3 courses a la carte for $98 option, rather than the degustation. I'm sure it would have been great but in the end we had great food. On looking at the online menu, to jog the memory, the only things that I know we ate were:
  • open wagyu beef burger, toasted brioche, quail egg, onion jam, gruyere cheese, pickled cucumber and pork crisp (Zoe)
  • steamed blue swimmer crab dumplings with yarra valley salmon roe, celery cress and tom kha (Liz?)
  • red roasted barossa chicken, zucchini and mint fritters, chang kiang caramel, garlic jam and fried sambal (Gaby?)
  • local john dory with warm celeriac salad, broad beans, apple, radish and chive oil (Zoe)
  • Sides: green beans, korean chilli and roasted peanuts, fried kipfler potatoes with roasted garlic and rosemary
  • salted caramel parfait, chocolate peanut butter crunch, pressed paw paw and blackberry syrup (Gaby)
 I do remember that I drank a red wine from the Jura region on the French/Swiss border. The reason that this has stayed with me is that, to the surprise of the sommelier, I was knew the Jura from my time at CERN.

So, despite not remembering what we ate, I do remember that we had a lovely night with great food.

No comments:

Post a Comment